Are you becoming a smartphone zombie? Lets find out!
- Ignores the world, your children, your friends and reality itself in favour of the pixelated flashes conveyed by your handheld gizmo?
- A person who is constantly focused on his/her smartphone, and are oblivious to their surroundings and other people?
- Sleep with your phone?
- Forgot what the sky looks like?
- Need to always look up something?
- Ignore the people around us in favour of “socializing” with people who aren’t present?
- Experience anxiety when they have no access to mobile technology?
- Constantly prowls around with their phones, texting, tweeting, or putting their humdrum lives on social networking sites?
- Experiencing FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out)?
- Do you find it hard to walk down the sidewalk or through a department store without bumping into someone?
- Have a sagging jawbone as a result of perpetually looking down?
Unfortunately, smartphones are fast becoming a lifeline for most of us. Cultural and technological trends possessing this type of impetus do not stop overnight. They seldom end except of their own volition, when users ‘wake up’. All of us, though, can do our best to minimize exposure to the smartphone’s cultural dominance and break free.
We have a number of potential solutions that are specially designed to deal with the symptoms of this problem.
- The Foundation – A portable posture correction device designed to exercise core muscles while sitting.
- Reboot – Scientists say it is actually non-exercise movement, the mere change in posture every 15 minutes or so, is a major influence in avoiding these chronic problems. So, the solution is simple: REBOOT! We, at The Spinery, invented a fun reminder that makes you do just that.
- The Dream Pillow – “Not your grandfather’s pillow. The most innovative and comfortable pillow we’ve ever seen”
- With its incredibly supportive and unique shape, there are simply no other pillows with this level of design, innovation and craftsmanship. We tried to make the pillow out there to get a great night’s sleep.
- Our book – Rethinking Posture in the Modern World
- Outlines a simple guide to analyse posture and correct it. Good posture should be equal with brushing your teeth.
- Explains how to adapt more primal movement patterns to strengthen and correct posture.
- Encourages the use of ACE (Active Conscious Engagement) with easy-to-follow strategies while sitting, standing and exercising. This is by actively transferring the stress off your spine, discs and joints to your core muscles, so that you will be ‘exercising’ all day.
Also, if you enjoyed this article you should check out these other articles on other shocking affects of bad posture.
- Is The Nervous System Disrupted by Poor Posture?
- The most amazing pillow in the world!
- Are we becoming a smartphone zombie?
- Practical guide on how to sit, sleep and move for everyone.
- Simple solution for anyone who sits too much.
– Lawrence Woods