Are young people today becoming a Generation of hunchbacks? Some people say so.
Tech is turning millennials into a generation of hunchbacks says ‘The New York Post’
Studies are showing that many young people are in danger of getting terrible posture and becoming hunchback. This is due to constant looking down on gadgets (i.e. smartphones, tablets, video games, etc.).
Furthermore, with today’s sedentary lifestyle, children are spending longer hours sitting at desks doing schoolwork, working on computers, and carrying heavy school bags. These factors are creating a generation of hunchbacks (medically known as ‘kyphosis’). This leads to trapped nerves. In addition trapped nerves can cause severe pain and other issues such as, breathing problems, headaches, depression, neck problems, and arthritis. These symptoms can continue well into adulthood. Also, children looking down at media devices has been found in studies to affect their mood.
We have a number of solutions that are specially designed to prepare for this future health implosion.
Some Other Solutions
We have a number of potential solutions that are specially designed to deal with the symptoms of this problem.
- The Foundation – A portable posture correction device designed to exercise core muscles while sitting.
- Reboot – Scientists say it is actually a non-exercise movement, the mere change in posture every 15 minutes or so, is a major influence in avoiding these chronic problems. So, the solution is simple: REBOOT! We, at The Spinery, invented a fun reminder that makes you do just that.
- The Fitzwilliam – The Fitzwilliam Natural Latex Mattress Ergonomically and orthopedically designed in Dublin, Ireland to give you amazing support and a great nights sleep.
- The Dream Pillow – “Not your grandfather’s pillow. The most innovative and comfortable pillow we’ve ever seen”
- With its incredibly supportive and unique shape, there are simply no other pillows with this level of design, innovation, and craftsmanship. We tried to make the pillow out there to get a great night’s sleep.
- Our book – Rethinking Posture in the Modern World
- Outlines a simple guide to analyze posture and correct it. Good posture should be equal with brushing your teeth.
- Explains how to adapt more primal movement patterns to strengthen and correct posture.
- Encourages the use of ACE (Active Conscious Engagement) with easy-to-follow strategies while sitting, standing and exercising. This is by actively transferring the stress off your spine, discs, and joints to your core muscles so that you will be ‘exercising’ all day.
Also, if you enjoyed this article on generation hunchback check out these other articles on similar subjects.
About Dr Lawrence Woods
My goal is to create the highest quality mattresses and pillows for unmatched comfort.
With 30 years of spinal healthcare experience, I learned that many peoples problems are avoidable with expert design.
Discover your first good night’s sleep.