Is Super King Bigger Than Queen? Irish Mattress Sizes Explained
Are you confused about Irish mattress sizes? Do you wonder whether a super king is bigger than a queen? If so, you’re not alone. With so many different sizes and names, it can be challenging to determine which mattress will work best for you. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Irish mattress sizes and help you figure out which one is right for you.
Queen Size Mattresses in Ireland
You may be wondering, where does the queen size mattress fit into Irish mattress sizes? The answer is that it doesn’t. The queen size mattress is a size that is popular in other countries, particularly the United States, but it’s not a standard size in Ireland.
Irish Mattress Sizes
When it comes to Irish mattress sizes, there are several different options to choose from. Let’s take a closer look at each of them.
The single mattress is the smallest size available and is ideal for a child’s room or a guest room. It measures 90cm wide and 190cm long.
The small double mattress is slightly larger than the single size, measuring 120cm wide and 190cm long. It’s a good option for a small bedroom or for someone who wants a bit more space than a single size provides.
The double mattress is a popular choice and measures 135cm wide and 190cm long. It’s suitable for two people to sleep comfortably.
The king mattress is wider than the double and measures 150cm wide and 200cm long. It’s a great option for couples who like to spread out in bed.
The super king mattress is the largest size available and measures 180cm wide and 200cm long. It’s perfect for couples who want plenty of space to sleep comfortably.
Differences Between Super King and Queen Size Mattresses
Now that we know there is no queen size mattress in Ireland, let’s compare the super king and queen size mattresses. In general, a queen size mattress is smaller than a super king. A queen size mattress measures 152cm wide and 203cm long, which is slightly smaller than a super king.
Which One is Right for You?
Choosing the right size mattress depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you sleep alone, a single or small double mattress may be sufficient. If you share your bed with a partner, a double or king size mattress may be a good option. And if you want plenty of space to move around in bed, a super king mattress may be the best choice for you.
Choosing the right mattress size can be a daunting task, but hopefully, this article has helped clarify some of the confusion surrounding Irish mattress sizes. Remember to consider your own needs and preferences when choosing a mattress, and don’t be afraid to try out different sizes to see what feels most comfortable.
- What is the smallest Irish mattress size?
- The smallest Irish mattress size is a single, which measures 90cm wide and 190cm long.
- What is the largest Irish mattress size?
- The largest Irish mattress size is a super king, which measures 180cm wide and 200cm long.
- Is a queen size mattress available in Ireland?
- No, a queen size mattress is not a standard size in Ireland.
- What size mattress is best for couples?
- It depends on personal preferences, but a double, king, or super king size mattress may be a good option for couples.
- Can I use a mattress that is a different size than my bed frame?
- It’s not recommended to use a mattress that is a different size than your bed frame as it can cause discomfort and affect the overall support of the mattress.
- How often should I replace my mattress?
- It’s generally recommended to replace your mattress every 8-10 years or sooner if you’re experiencing discomfort or noticing signs of wear and tear.
- Can I try out a mattress before I buy it?
- Yes, it’s a good idea to try out a mattress before you buy it to ensure it’s the right size and comfort level for you. Many mattress stores offer a trial period, so be sure to ask about this before making your purchase.
In conclusion, Irish mattress sizes can be confusing, but taking the time to understand the differences between each size can help you choose the right one for your needs. Whether you’re sleeping alone or sharing a bed with a partner, there’s a mattress size that will work for you. And remember, don’t be afraid to try out different sizes to find the most comfortable fit for your body.