We (as a society) are now heading towards an abyss with our exponential modern-day sedentary lifestyle and the arrival of smartphones, computers and other media devices, which lead to the occurrence of a mind-body disconnection. As a result, over 10,000 publications link poor posture to dozens of chronic diseases including obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer and depression, never mind the obvious chronic back pain. Rethinking Posture In The Modern World outlines a simple guide for all ages to analyse posture and correct it.
If you are interested in other Spinery projects here are some that may interest you
- The Foundation – A portable posture correction device designed to exercise core muscles while sitting.
- Reboot – Scientists say it is actually a non-exercise movement, the mere change in posture every 15 minutes or so, is a major influence in avoiding these chronic problems. So, the solution is simple: REBOOT! We, at The Spinery, invented a fun reminder that makes you do just that.
- The Fitzwilliam – The Fitzwilliam Natural Latex Mattress Ergonomically and orthopedically designed in Dublin, Ireland to give you amazing support and a great nights sleep.
- The Dream Pillow – “Not your grandfather’s pillow. The most innovative and comfortable pillow we’ve ever seen”
- With its incredibly supportive and unique shape, there are simply no other pillows with this level of design, innovation, and craftsmanship. We tried to make the pillow out there to get a great night’s sleep.
- Our book – Rethinking Posture in the Modern World
- Outlines a simple guide to analyze posture and correct it. Good posture should be equal with brushing your teeth.
- Explains how to adapt more primal movement patterns to strengthen and correct posture.
- Encourages the use of ACE (Active Conscious Engagement) with easy-to-follow strategies while sitting, standing and exercising. This is by actively transferring the stress off your spine, discs, and joints to your core muscles so that you will be ‘exercising’ all day.
Hi friends, fastidious post and fastidious urging commented at this place,
I am genuinely enjoying by these.
Very energetic post, I liked that bit. Will there be a part 2?
These are in fact wondeerful ideas in about blogging.
You have touched some pleasant points here.
Any way keep up wrinting.
I think this is one of the most vital info for me.
And i’m glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things,
The site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D.
Good job, cheers